View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Which Price girl are you most like? 
All-star
All-star

Just curious to see if any of you found any of these characters acting/reacting in ways like yourself.

Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:48 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Bobbi, to be completely honest (which in this case I really don't know how comfortable I am with it) if I put myself in their position I can definitely see myself acting and reacting like any one of the Price women. I think that's the beauty of this book; these women represent a part within each of us as females. There is definitely a representation we would hope to never identify with, but deep down we are capable of having and exhibiting all of the emotions and feelings shown throughout the book by each woman.

Thank you for that question and making be honest with myself! :D

Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:43 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I enjoyed getting to know each character in the book. Each girl's personality was revealed as the book progressed. I would love to think that I was most like Leah but that is not the case. I don't think that I could have stayed in the situation that she decided to live in. She was an extremely strong woman. I do feel that I would have had a greater appreciation for other cultures but I would have moved home to the United States. I do sometimes think that as Americans we decide to change others situations when those involved may not want or need to be changed. Leah was by far my favorite character in the book.

Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:52 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I feel lots of sympathy for Orleanna and could somewhat relate to the situation she found herself in. Over the years she has been beaten down in lots of ways by her husband, and continued to stand by him. It took the death of her child for her to lose the helpless feeling and say, "that's enough." I thought this was a powerful book. (I never knew it existed)

Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:47 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I don't know who I am more like. I would like to be more like Leah, however, I am probably more like Rachel. I would never want to leave somewhere without all the conveniences I am used to having. I would be very disgruntled if I would have to live in a place like the Congo.

Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:35 pm

The price girls were all so different from each other. I am not sure which one I am most like. I don't think I am as strong as Leah. I am more quiet like Adah, maybe as cynical as well. I am probably somewhat selfish and self-centered like Rachel. I can't imagine being in their situation. I am sure I would fall apart.

Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]