View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Last class 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I wanted to tell you how much I REALLY liked the last class. I read Ishmael at work, and at home. I told you in class that I tried to talk with my manager about the book and the title. Thanks to the discussion in class and the video we were able to engage in further conversation. He is a highly educated man and I felt we were able to talk in further detail than previous efforts. I am still trying to get him to read the book. He has expressed interest, and with the last weekend of Tweetsie in full swing, maybe he will take a break and read it now.
I am glad that we, as adults, (our class), can engage in conversations as ADULTS, and not focus on whether the person speaking is a Christian, Athiest, or other branch of beliefs that may be represented.

Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:32 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

One thing I really like about this class is the various perspectives that are brought to the table. I have learned a great deal about PEOPLE this semester, both from the readings and the discussions.

Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:11 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I agree that I have to reread Ishmael. I also really want to read My Ishmael. I think that it would be very interesting to teach a class where half the class reads Ishmael and the other half reads My Ishmael and then we join together for the discussions and talk about the similarities and differences. Of course, I will have to read My Ishmael first.

Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]