View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Thank you 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I don't remember who mentioned the book Go and Come Back, but I found it and can't wait to read it. I always love the contributions of others in my classes, especially when it involves a book to expand my way of thinking. (And of course the books teachers require-as well as mention as interesting. Thank you Gayle for always telling us what book the material for class comes from). My library is always expanding, as well as the reading my children do because Mom read it. Tyler loves to read mom's "homework" because it makes him feel "really smart". It's nice to have a 12 year old that wants to have discussions with mom about what he's read. Thank you for another book we can hopefully talk about!

Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:24 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I did read Go and Come Back. I would recommend this to you, Gayle, if you haven't read it. There are a lot of cultural differences that I would not have thought about. Some I'd like to see move to the US, (fat is beautiful), others- not so much, (for each baby a person should have sex with no less than 3 men, no more than 4). Some I think are already here nawa, non Isabo, are not worthy. It would be OK to kill a nawa boy child- but girls of any race are worth more. . .
Not to give away the book and all of its lessons, I can see a tie between Ishmael and this one. Many things make sense. Why build a house and leave it empty. How many Americans have two or three homes?
Just thought I'd share.

Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]