View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Too Mucht To Process 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

here is a link to an interesting film on youtube: http://youtube.com/watch?v=GIqk4agzKPE

sort of unrelated but I think it gives a good sense of where the world is headed.

Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:34 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Great film! I think that this type of progress is terrifying. What is going to happen to people?

This is a bit of a tangent but. . .

You know the car commercial where a sleeping robot has a dream that it looses its job and walks to streets. I've seen this commercial with many of my friends who sigh and comment that it is so sad that the robot is out of a job. What about PEOPLE that this robot replaced in the first place? That is significantly more upsetting to me. All of these people who are so touched by the sad robot should watch Roger and Me.

Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:45 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

well done. that video is a trip. isnt it great that with all this advancement our teaching pedagogy is still based in the 1970s? kids drop out because they are bored. they are bored because of the disconnect between what we teach and how that relates to their lives. i want to teach media analysis but i dont even know if i can keep up with the everday advancements in technology and their effect on the media. yikes. these are surely exciting times.

Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:05 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

To what Amanda said, it really is sad that people are so effected by a commercial about a robot. I think if they saw a news clip about people losing their jobs that no one would be concerned. The film was very interesting and it brought up a lot of interesting points that we as teachers are going to have to be aware of.

Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]