View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Related Shootings 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I don't know if everyone has heard yet, but there was a student at North Meck High School that brought a gun to school yesterday and pointed it at two of his classmates at school. Later that day he was found in dead in his car in the parking lot of a nearby gas station after he committed suicide. It seems to me that after someone commits a horrible crime such as the one on Monday at Virginia Tech that others soon follow and it spurs on similar school shootings and violence. It takes me back to remember Columbine and how after that tragedy it seemed that everyday you turned on the news there was another school shooting somewhere around the country. Do you feel that these shootings are related in anyway, not that they were all planned tegether, but if one shooting causes others to happen? What do you think about it?

Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:45 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think that they can be related. Some group just might jump on the idea first the other have had. After they hear about the shootings it's like giving them an extra push to do it as well. Also, it always seems to happen around 4/20.

Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:03 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think when a school shooting happens and other people who are having trouble in their lives see them on tv it causes them to want to do the same thing. They think that someone else did it and why can't they. Also I have never thought about the 4/20 thing but it does make for a good point.

Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:31 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

It does seem like they happen around 4/20, but what is the reason behind that. I know that it is "the holiday" but is that truly the reason? I think it is because the major school shooting of Columbine happened on 4/20 and their reasoning was that it was Hitler's birthday, I believe. This past shooter at Virginia Tech recalled the Columbine shooters quite often in his videos that he sent out. I wonder if he would have chosen that week if Columbine didn't happen. I don't know, just a thought!

Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]