View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 5th graders having sex in the classroom? 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/03/school ... index.html

It was brought up in class that in the other forum an article had been posted regarding 5th graders having sex in the classroom. I am reposting this link so that we can all take a look at it, because it really is a shocking matter to me. It makes me wonder, what is becoming of our society? When I was this age, I had no idea of what sex really was or how one would go about it. And to be able to be brave enough to display the act in front of a whole classroom?

My question, aside from what is becoming of our society is, what will be happening when we get into the classroom? How are we going to deal with these kinds of situations as they will most likely continue to worsen?

Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:01 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think this is going to be a big problem that continues on into our classrooms. This is a really sad situation but it seems with everything happening in today's world that it can not be avoided. With everything that is on tv and movies it is not a surprise to me that sex in a classroom happened. What is surprising to me is that they were fifth graders. Also I am wondering what the teacher was doing for 15 minutes that the students were completely alone with no one watching them.

Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:16 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Sex is something that students see a lot in the media, but like we discussed in class I am afraid that they are seeing sex abuse of some sort in the home. I just can't help but wonder what the students family life is like because obviously they have a distorted sense of sex, compassion, and love.

Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:03 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I am shocked at the story, but do recognize it is a problem. Children that I have worked with are watching television shows way over their maturity level. I would assume that these children are not talking about what they are seeing on TV with their parents. Such discussions could help children determine what is and what is not appropriate behavior.

Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:27 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I am shocked that 5th graders are having sex period, much less in the classroom. That is the first question I had Angela, where the heck was the teacher for 15 minutes? Soon enough it will be 3rd graders if there is not some sort of change in the media. Also, a lot of parents don't talk to their kids about sex. Parents need to be open and honest with their children about this issue.

Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:16 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I hope that biological limitations will keep this trend from working its way into 3rd or 4th grade classrooms. But, with all of the hormones and chemicals that we load into our dairy and food products, it is not surprising that the age of sexual maturity is getting younger and younger. Years ago I heard stories of eight year old girls having their first period, and the trend has continued since. God help us.

Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]