View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 teaching as a lifestyle 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

My Issues in teaching world history professor yesterday in class said that, "teaching is a lifestyle, that luckily for us can be a profession too". I just wanted to know ya'll input in that and also just I would be interested to hear from some of you all about why you are going into education?

Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:23 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I agree with this statement. I don't think that you leave your teaching job in the classroom at 3:15 when you peel out of the parking lot. I don't think you shut your lesson planner on Friday afternoon and are done. I think that to be a good teacher, you are constantly reflecting on what you do and how your students are - regardless of time of day or day of the week. I also think as a good teacher, you are concerned about your students and do worry about them, especially those with troubled backgrounds, on the weekends. To be a good teacher, you never turn these qualities off... it is a lifestyle.

Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:33 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I agree with you 100% Lesley. Most teachers I know are working late after school and always thinking about their next lesson and their kids. I am going into teaching because I saw what an impact my parents had on their students. They love what they do and I'm sure I will too. We ARE lucky that we will have jobs that we love. I would rather be teaching than sitting behind a desk making 70-80 grand a year, and I'm sure you all feel the same way.

Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:02 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

i'm just in it for the money, forget the kids.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]