View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Panel OKs spanking ban!! 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

This was JUST in the paper last week... there are changes happening with corporal punishment!! YAY!

Published on Thursday, April 12, 2007
Fayetteville Observer Times

Panel OKs spanking ban

By John Fuquay
Staff writer

RALEIGH — A state House committee voted Wednesday to ban corporal punishment in public schools, setting up what could become an even bigger debate over local control.

The committee on Children, Youth and Families voted 6-4 to ban corporal punishment in the schools. The bill, which would require school districts to remove the disciplinary measure from their policies, was sent to the Education Committee.

“This was a big win today,â€

James.Meghan@gmail.com

Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:55 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

wow. i guess i'm not nearly up on things. i thought for sure this kind of punishment in PUBLIC schools was outlawed. i cant believe that with our lawsuit happy culture this goes on.

"Hilton also said banning corporal punishment in schools is “one step away from going into people’s houses and telling them they can’t use this.â€

Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:05 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I thought corporal punishment was outlawed in schools too. Wow. I think it is great that these schools are starting to ban it. Hopefully the other states will step up and ban corporal punishment as well.

Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]