View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 nature vs. nurture 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I was talking to someone at my daycare who thought that one of our babies was showing tendencies of being gay. Which brought up the question nature vs. nature? I thought I'd get some opinions on this!

Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:58 pm
All-star
All-star

I love this subject because I think things homosexuality is definitly a product of nature. Many children show homosexual tendencies at young ages. However, I do believe nurture has an impact on this as well. If parents aren't accepting of a homosexual lifestyle, their children may wait to come out for a very long time, get married for show and then come out after the parents have died, or try and convince themselves that they are strait. I also believe society can persuade us to change sexual orientation. I know many people who claim to be bisexual or are not sure of their sexuality, and I think this comes mostly from wanting to fit in with both cultures or experiement with something new and forbidden. Today homosexuality is much more acceptable, allowing people to experiment more than during the generation of our parents. Also, many people who have had bad experiences with the same sex may decide to change preference, thinking that someone of their own geneder would be more open and understanding of their needs.

Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]