View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 VT Shockwave 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

So this morning i just read that my high school had a bomb threat this morning and was cleared out at about 8:30. All of the students were sent to the football stadium and those that drove were allowed to leave. My little brother is still there so that was a little scary. Also, the other high school in my county had a threatening text message sent and kind of scared some of the school officials. I was just wondering if anybody else had heard of anything like this happening at their own high schools or one that they know of?

Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:02 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

By the time I got into Middle School, bomb threats were such a common thing that it was no longer that big of a deal. Each year there was at least one bomb threat in my school or neighboring school. And the most ridiculous part of it all was that instead of sending kids home, often times they would bus them to schools nearby. So if a person really wanted set off a bomb they could take out two schools in one.
However, I will never forget when I was in Elementary School a group of high schoolers vandalized my school. I got to school early that morning before any of the buses or other students arrived and the entire school was trashed. All the trophies were broken, windows were busted, grape juice was poured into the computers and teacher’s rooms that they didn't like were torn to piece.
That really isn't the same thing but o well.

Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:07 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I know that my old high school also had a bomb threat -- All the students went to the football stadium -- My younger brother is an 11th grader there -- He said that the school hadn't even finished serving them lunch when the bell rang to leave (2:46) -- I thought that was pretty crazy -- I don't think they should take all the students to the football stadium when there is a bomb threat -- I don't have another solution -- I just really don't like that idea.

Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:23 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Are you from Burke County? I have heard of a lot of similar things coming out of the schools there. From what I have been told even parents are calling in threats or walking into the school with small weapons in an attempt to test the schools.

Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]