View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 --What's Left of Him?-- 
All-star
All-star

since we're on the topic of sexuality, i thought i'd plug this year's "What's Left of Him?"

WLOH is part theatre, part performance art...the content of the show changes from year to year, as the pieces that make up the performance are written and organized by the cast members themselves.

WLOH is about masculinity and male identity. a warning to the faint of heart: the subject matter is often EXTREMELY sensitive (sexuality, masturbation, body parts, relationships, families, social pressures...it's all fair game). another warning: the cast will be entirely nude for part of the performance.

it's happening this week: Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights @ 8 p.m. in the downstairs theatre of I.G. Greer. if you don't know where that is, just follow the enormous line of people. **get there early! lines start forming as early as 6 p.m. and the theatre almost always becomes standing-room-only after a certain point.**

i was in the show 3 years ago and it was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. i strongly encourage everyone to go, especially those of you who might have reacted to the above information by saying something like, "ew, there's NO WAY i'm going to this thing." it's important, it's meaningful, and the guys in the show hold almost nothing back. they'd greatly appreciate your support :)

(p.s. there is no charge but donations are greatly appreciated at the door and all donations go towards some very cool organizations, such as OASIS)

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:36 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I highly reccomend everyone attending this production. My brother was in it a few years and I have attended it twice, it opens your eyes to many subjects of life... honesty, sexuality, being open, nakedness, and much more. You have to go into it with an open mind and you will definately enjoy it, leaving feeling like a more educated and open minded person.

Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:06 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

thanks for sharing guys! i think this sounds like an amazing oppurtunity to go and do/see something different for once. I believe it will def. spark some great converstaion in class.

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:48 pm
All-star
All-star

I have heard wonderful things about this and I really would love to go sometime but I found out a little late. Props to you doug for being involved and promoting this event!

Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:12 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I went to go see this play with a few of my friends. While I was a little nervous about the fact that all of the guys got naked in the end, the play was about sooo much more. They all shared really personal experiences making you feel that you really know them. This was definitely something I would request!

Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:50 pm
All-star
All-star

I know it's a little late to post on this topic, but I went to What's left of him last year, and thought it was amazing. It reminded me a lot of the vagina monologues, but I thought this one was a lot more raw. I thought it was great that it was performed by ASU students, and they incorporated their own personal experiences. I think projects like this one are a great step forward into breaking down the stereotypes for males in society, and allowing them to express themselves in whatever ways they see fit....

I hate that I missed it this year... I'll definitely be in audience next year!

Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]