View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 hope in the unseen 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I'm not sure if anyone has begun flipping through Hope in the Unseen again, but I picked it up while I was at home this weekend and began reading it again. When I read it before coming to college, I thought it was a nice story, etc. But after three years of college and taking this class, I really think I admire Cedric a lot more for not giving up and "going with the flow." His experience at Brown seems similar to what Jo felt at Groton. I just appreciate his commitment a lot more than I did when I was a freshman. I was wondering if anyone else felt the same way.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:15 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I did think that this was an interesting book to put on the freshman reading list as I entered college, simply becaust to me, it dealt so much with education. That may have been me simply being baised becuase I was heading towards that major. His story is more complex than simply overcoming odds to get into school, as he dealt with many issues of roomate problems, diversity problems, money/scholarship problems, etc.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:08 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I'm with you Leah, I found the book to be much more rewarding three years later. I never really enjoyed the book before I came to college, but now I really can appreciate Cedric's story. Not that I've ever had to overcome such great odds like he did, but I can at least feel some of the struggles he felt at Brown.

Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]