View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 grading 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

In my CI-3015 class, we talked about the grading system. Say you have two children in your class, one with a high IQ and the other with a lower IQ. If the child with the lower IQ were to try really hard and still not make the grade, should they be given an "A" for trying hard. Some make the arguement that if they are putting forth the effort and still not making the grade, they may become frustrated and just stop trying. Some said that the students who had the IQ and made the "A" may not like to see others who are "not as smart" getting the same grade they are. One girl gave the example of "Would you rather have a heart surgeon who was really intelligent and was successful in school or would you rather have someone who 'tried hard'?"

What do you think about this issue?

Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:06 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I don't want to sound like a hard a**, but I think that you should grade everyone the same, no matter their "IQ." I think that if the student that tried extremely hard and still didn't make a passing grade, then you as a concerned teacher need to find a way that would better suit that student's learning style.

Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]