View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 47 Representatives Introduce Strong Anti Bullying Bill 
All-star
All-star

Hey everyone. I found this on the internet and thought it might interest some people. This article is about the School Violence Prevention Act, which was introduced in the state house.

"House Bill 1366 would require public schools to adopt strong policies against bullying and harassment, specifically including bullying and harassment based on race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, physical appearance, sexual orientation, or mental, physical, or sensory disability, or by association with a person who has or is perceived to have one or more of these characteristics."

If you agree with this bill than go to this site and contact your local representative about it. The more people that do this, the better a chance the bill will be passed. It is not hard, all you have to do is type in your name and the area which you live in, the email is already written for you.

The link is:
http://equalitync.org/news1

Thanks,
Sarah

Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:10 pm
All-star
All-star

Sarah-Thanks for your email. I have signed on as a co-sponsor of this
bill. Cullie

This is the email I got back and I sent it to the Boone representative. If anyone wants to send a bill to a different representative than Boone that would be helpful, but I'm surry Cullie will just get annoyed since he has already signed. Sorry about that everyone.
Thanks,
Sarah

Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]