View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Sharing Students' Time 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Often times in our school systems, teachers have a problem working together. Each teacher loves their individual subject and they think that every child should love it just as much as they do. When a students time is requested during their personal class period, many teachers become offended and don't allow the student to be out of their class. I believe all teachers should work together in a give and take relationship. When this happens within your school, how will you address the situation of a student missing your class at another teacher's request?

Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:36 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I agree that teachers should work together. But, if a student had to miss my class to go work with another teacher, then they better have a darn good reason to do so. I think that each teacher is allowed a certain amount of time each day with their students, and if they need a student a little more, then it can wait until after school.

Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:26 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I also agree that teachers need to work together in everything they do -- I believe that if a student needs to miss my class for another teacher -- I will let them (unless they have missed like a thousand times) and make them make up the work they will be missing for that day -- I also believe that it needs to be something important they are doing -- I don't want someone missing my class so they can grade papers for another teacher or something like that.

Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:41 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

This is a complex game of who needs the student more. If i needed a student to miss class for chorus related activities then I would ask permission for my students well before the time I need the students. I would hope the teachers would do the same for me. In each situation there would have to be some communication about what the specific needs of the each student are. It really comes down to what is bet for the student.

Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:23 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I also think it would have to depend on the situation. If I needed to pull a student out of another class I would make sure I knew in advance. I can't really think of an emergency that would require me to keep a student from another class (unless it was a serious discipline case where he had to be taken to the office or something). If its something like making up a test then that should either be taken care of in class or after school not during other teachers class time. I can understand how a teacher would be offended if kids keep getting pulled out of their class but I do think we need to be understanding in certain situations.

Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:17 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]