View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 VT Media Coverage 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I'm sure you all remember Columbine and the huge media cloud that surrounded it. Do you think that the tragedy at VT has gotten the coverage that Columbine got? More? I think it has been much less, but the impact of the incident seems much greater.

Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:48 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

It is hard to remember how much I saw on TV about Columbine now, but i think it has been about the same. Certainly the shock of the nation in response has been about the same. This shooting was numerically worse than Columbine but I guess the real surprise is that we are still surprised. Horrible things like this happen all the time but we are still sensitive to it. That is a good thing of course, but interesting to think about

Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:44 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Like Diana said -- it is really hard to remember back that far -- I remember the columbine shooting got a lot of attention from the media but, I believe the VT shooting has got about the same much attention. People are acting the same way towards both shootings -- I hope this is last event of its kind -- I am sure it won't be though

Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]