View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Guns, Knives and... a flail? 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

So we have all heard news stories about school shootings and kids bringing weapons like knives to school but I recently ran across this article.

http://cbs4.com/topstories/topstories_s ... 10958.html

A girl in Indiana brought a flail, which is a medieval spiky ball and chain type weapon to school and attacked a student and attempted to hit a teacher because she was "tired of being picked on". The main question I have is how did she get that onto school property in the first place. Those weapons are not small and not light. Nevertheless, its not quite as scary as a gun but what would you think if a situation like this occurred at your school?

Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:58 am
Profile WWW
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I found that article as well. I don't think I would have seen that coming. There is not much you can do if a student makes up their mind to bring a weapon to school. The best solution would be a preventative one. It is the teachers jobs to look out for situations that may lead to this. If something like it had already happened, it would be the job of the school to talk to the attacking student about why it is wrong to attack other students.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]