View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 What a day! 
All-star
All-star

I am so glad that I have a since of humor. This has been a day. My students absolutely drove me crazy today, my computer kept shutting down while I was working, and I have a ton of work to do when I get home. I hope things get better for me. Tomorrow is a new day. :lol:

Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:01 pm
All-star
All-star

at least today is about over. the weekend is very near, and we don't have school on Monday :D

Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:15 pm
All-star
All-star

Hey Alisa... Thanks for making me feel welcome. I know how cozy cohorts are with their original family, but the 4 of us "outlaws" feel very priviledged to be here!!

I am currently an instructional coach looking for an A.P.position...how about you?

Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:18 pm
All-star
All-star

I am teaching 6th grade math at one of only two Intermediate Schools in the state. It is just 6th grade. We have about 350 students total and 13 classroom teachers, 2 EC teachers, and 1 ESL teacher parttime.

I am interning there and am looking forward to the application and interview process.

Our district is closing our school at the end of this school year and building a brand new K-6 school up the road from our original school. We will need an AP for that school and I am going to apply for that position. Our school does not have an AP because it is only one grade and has a small number of students. It has been a pretty good ride. We will see.

Again, welcome... :D

Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:23 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I hope your day will be better tomorrow. My students have been strangely good since we came back after the holidays. It has been a little scary. I am sorry that I will be losing them. I love most of my kids.

Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

Never a dull day!! Sometimes they drive you crazy. Sometimes they make you smile. The life of an educator....you gotta love it!!! Let me know if I can help you with your interviews.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:39 pm
All-star
All-star

It took me a long time to take this step because I loved teaching so much. Now that I have taken it, I could kick myself for not taking it sooner. I can't wait to get to work and really must make myself leave. I know this sounds crazy, but there is never a dull moment and I enjoy seeing what each day brings. I felt that I would not be in contact with the students as much; however, I find that my contact is on a much deeper plane.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:49 pm
All-star
All-star

Stephanie,
I could not agree with you more. I look forward to coming to work each and every day. There are tough moments but that is when I learn the most valuable lessons about this profession.

Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:58 am
All-star
All-star

I am glad to read some postive aspects of being in admin. I seem to hear a lot of negatives from my admin. Each one thinks that I am crazy for considering leaving my classroom. One of my AP said that after I intertern with my I will hate it as much as he does. But he still shows up everyday. So confused if I will take the leap.

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:53 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9 posts ]