View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:01 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 I just love graduate school! 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I enjoy having my brain stimulated by reading books other than Cornwell, the two Pattersons, Baldacci, Grisham, etc. This whole testing thing--just one more thing I never really thought about. It is so interesting to know how it started! Education, like poverty, is definitely a dividing line in the United States. I have actually talked to my students who lived in bad situations and told them that their way out was to get an education--that they didn't have to continue to live the way they were living--that they could break the cycle. So I knew it, but I never really thought about it the way it is presented in The Big Test. Now if I can just figure out a way to read while I sleep or a way to function better without sleep, so I can get all my reading done, everything will be great.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:19 pm
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

Amen, Rebecca. I wish that I could listen to those books on tapes, but I spend so much time rewinding because I miss something that I have never been able to utilize those like others.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:44 pm
All-star
All-star

Actually, I can honestly say I would rather read Grisham, but I am all for expansion of the mind.

Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:39 pm
All-star
All-star

At least we can all say that we have learned something! And as we all know, that's the name of the game.

Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:57 am
All-star
All-star

Reading is the key to knowledge. Things we don't know, we can learn from a book. Time is a problem!

Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:58 pm
All-star
All-star

As much as the history of testing is interesting, it is so hard to get everything done. Teaching four classes (3 preps) and an intership can take the strain on the whole idea of eight hours of sleep a night. Good luck to everyone getting the Big Test completed tomorrow.

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:39 pm
All-star
All-star

i like the conversations we have, i think that's whey I learn the most. I do wish we didn't have to read so much. Nothing seems to be short and to the point these days.

Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:59 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 7 posts ]