View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:44 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Linux Penguins 
All-star
All-star

My children know Linux. I thought Linux was a "Buster" plot to confound the "Boomers."

My children corrected my spelling of Lynnux. They said "Look it up" somewhere....I didn't catch it.

I'm starting to read The Earth is Flat. It's 10 disks long and very interesting. My son at High Point University studying Math and Economics has referenced the text in several of his courses.

What does this have to do with anyone? I don't know, but I am better able to communicate with my children. I travel two hours weekly to better connect with my children at home. What an odd world!

Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:11 pm
All-star
All-star

Kathryn, I have only heard of Linux, but I find it very interesting what's going on in the computer world today. Macintosh seems to be making a comeback with everything they're doing, and I have run into several people of late who will not use a Microsoft product at all. Then Microsoft comes out with Vista (who knows what difference this will make in the grand scheme). All I know is I have a Windows-based computer at my house and a Macintosh based Ipod. How they work together in harmony, I have no idea, but I know that our education system is going to be turning out the future leaders and pioneers in this computer industry. That gives people like me - future school leaders who feel very much in the dark about technology - a very big responsibility, doesn't it?

Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:57 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 2 posts ]