View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Reach Deeper for Inspiration 
All-star
All-star

I love literature... I like to read a book and listen to the author's voice. Mind you I don't hear them all. I just pick out those that give me an "Ah-ha" moment. Like this one...

Reach deeper for inspiration (Suskind, 131).

Quote:
Yet,...the special few ...[have] faith in themselves and their own power, a faith in their own abiltiy to figure things out, improve themselves, and find their way in the world. And when they get it, there's a subtle, though defining, change of perspecitve (Suskind 151).

I read these two quotes and think our strength will be the confidence we have in ourselves. I see this in principals.

By reaching deeper we tap into creativity, energies, and...?

Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:01 pm
All-star
All-star

Kathryn, I read this quote and it spoke to me as well. This faith in my own ability is something I really feel that I lack; I think I know less than I actually do, and I don't trust myself sometimes to make a decision, and I discover later that the decision I would have made would have been the right one. I'm still trying to find that faith in my ability as an administrator, but then , it took me teaching awhile for me to trust myself and my abilities there as well. I think it takes time and experience to discover this "paradigm shift."

Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:59 pm
All-star
All-star

Yes, Logan, it is a paradigm shift, isnt' it? Thanks for the memories. Lately I've stuck by my thoughts on something. I've thought before that it would be seen as stubbornness to not agree with something I thought was not quite right or complete. Anymore, I see it as an assurance that I can know soemthing for myself that comes from experience, studies, or whatever. It's a nicer thing to believe in yourself.

Somethings I know with confidence and assurance. I'm learning even more of those things that I have no true judgement. Those things I give over to another or to the group.

While working on my portfolio, I was reviewing Parker Palmers good work. It was good to savor.

Thanks Logan.

Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:32 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]