View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:06 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 National Healthcare/good idea???? 
All-star
All-star

I believe that something should be done about the high cost of medical care and prescription drugs. Recently, a few possible candidates have mentioned the idea of having a national healthcare system. They really haven't laid out the specifics yet, (I know it's early) but the public needs to know what these people are thinking before we go ahead and elect them.

Should hard working people pay more for health care for those in our society who already milk the system??? I know that everyone does not take advantage of the system. Will this mean that we will also have to cover the medicare costs of illegal aliens? Will I have the opportunity to visit my own doctor or pick one from a list of HMOs? Are you in favor of national healthcare?

"Our progress as a nation can be no swifter
than our progress in education." -JFK

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:31 pm
All-star
All-star

Two major problems with the current system that would make a significant difference and would be much more effective than a universal system 1) Hold those accountable that make frivilous law suits against doctors and medical practices driving up the cost of malpractice insurance that results in only higher bills and premiums and 2) Force the pharmaceutical business to self-regulate themselves and lower the price of their drugs. Watch TV these days and that is all you see.... advertisements for ED, depression, heartburn...... and we wonder why we have to drug test people before employment?

Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:36 pm
All-star
All-star

We are already paying the medical costs of those who can't afford it through higher medical costs and higher insurance rates. Who do you think hospitals, doctors, drug companies and insurance companies is going hit to make up for their losses? In a sense we already have a medical system that charges those who can pay higher to make up for those who can't.

Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:09 pm
All-star
All-star

I believe that a healthy society is a productive society. We have duty to care for the sick. Socialized medicine will reduce cost. Medical insurance is already a monopoly. Hospitals, for the most part, are already a monopoly. Do you call around and price MRI's? When you need desperate medical attention do you call around and get estimates?

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:14 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]