View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:07 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Horoscopes, Ouigi BoardsDaVinci Code, Ishmael, land in FL... 
All-star
All-star

Let's look at the definitions again:

Takers: Hebrew nation and people of the fall (169); agriculturalists (172); ate from Tree of Wisdom (177); accumulates knowledge that works best for things (206); knows good and evil (229); the world belongs to man (239).

Leavers: herdsmen (171); God loves hersdman (174); being killed so farmers have more (173); mid-east dwellers (175); their ways came by evolution and thru the right way to live (205); accumulate knowledge that works best for people; lives in the hand of the gods (229).

Look carefully, please.

Couldn't the Hebrew nation and these "chosen ones" also be considered living in the "hands of the gods"?

Agriculturalists vs. herdsmen...seems to me that they were both at each others throats for survival and what about shepherds vs. cattlemen and whose livestock ate grass clear down to the root so that nothing was left for the next feeders?

One has 10 commandments and golden rules while the others has ways that evolve to "right ways"?

I'm thinking Kami has something in another posting...Aren't takers and leavers one in the same? Consider that those who take, leave (travel away) with something. I cannot be in the presence of anyone without taking something from them; likewise I cannot leave anyone without having left a part of myself.

So, the point is to care for each one and leave it better than you found it?

How do we fall for these questions that make us choose when there is in fact no choice to be made?

Look again, Ishmael ends up as part of a travelling show--a carnival. I am more bothered by the man who has no plan-figuratvily and literally--no clear idea how to carry a one ton gorilla in the back of his compact car. --That is who I don't want to be. And don't you think it so odd, that Ishmael has to lead the Man down such concrete paths to get him to think.

A better part of the novel was to prefer insight over thought. I pray to have wisdom to lead, discernment to know right from wrong, vision to cast a forward plan, and insight to just live straigtht joyfully.

PS The favor of the gods rings more like old "Lady Luck" and "The Weal of Fortune" prior to the Renaissance.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:31 pm
All-star
All-star

I can't help but remember the phrase "and do no harm." Regardless of our choices, it sometimes seems that any choice will do harm in some way to someone. I think our personal values determine our choices and the things or people we value the least reap the harm.

Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:42 pm
All-star
All-star

At what point do we say we have to settle for the best that we can do? We cannot please everyone, nor will everyone accept us; therefore, I say to not take it personally but take it personally. Don't let it hit you so hard that you fall, but take it so much so that if you need to be realigned to what is right you see it and use that for the betterment of yourself. I have found that we do like to see ourselves nor do we want anyone to tell us about ourselves. I have to take the good with the bad and try to find myself somewhere in between.

Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:56 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 3 posts ]