View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:33 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Leaver/Takers 

Can we be both Taker and Leaver?
Poll ended at Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:36 pm
yes 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
no 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Leaver/Takers 
All-star
All-star

are we only one or the other? what's your opinion?

Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:36 pm
All-star
All-star

I think due to our human nature we are a bit of both .. probably more of on the taker side though..
Our environment and lifestyles go to demonstrate that on a daily basis... paper or plastic? styrofoam or paper? etc... it goes on and on.

Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:53 pm
All-star
All-star

I think we like to view ourselves as good people that give back to the society. We are teachers, we give to charity, etc. The problem is, we don't see the vastness of what we take on a daily basis. We take from the ozone, rainforest, water supply, oil, etc. There is no doubt that we as individuals take much more than we could possibly give. I love the song "Pave Paradise..."

Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:07 pm
All-star
All-star

I would love to think that we could change, but that is a dream. Who is going to give up his or her car and walk to work? Who is going to stop giving students hand outs that are on paper? Just by typing this message I am using a computer which requires energy. Every aspect of our lifes is a taker society. We drive to a store to buy food. We are not depend on the Earth to eat, we are depend on Wal-mart. Let someone else grow our food, we are to busy. Imagine if we could no longer go to a store to buy food, wouldnt take to long to wipe us out

Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:04 pm
All-star
All-star

To consider myself a leaver I would have to admit that the world was not designed for me. Although the argument against a world designed for humans is persusive, I still have a hard time pushing aside all I have been taught since I was a child. Maybe I'm like Rosanna, once a taker always a taker. The idea of living like a leaver is unimaginable to me at this point in my life.

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:17 pm
All-star
All-star

Neither! I refuse to be pigeon-holed and profiled by someone else's take on life that is conjecture. Imagine the triagular prism that will not fit into the round or square hole--c'est moi!

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:45 pm
All-star
All-star

Take only what you need. Is this the key to being a leaver? If so, there are takers out in the world who truly believe this is exactly what they are doing ....taking only what they need. Leaver at heart, taker by deed.

Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:17 pm
All-star
All-star

I do not believe it is a 50/50 split. I see myself in reality as a 80% taker and 20% giver. I would like to be more of a giver but our society and culture has engrained in us the desire to be consumers. None of us would turn down a pay raise if it was offered to us. We all have a desire to have more.

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:19 am
All-star
All-star

I agree with most of you guys. It would be great to say we are only takers, but who are we kidding. I do think alot of us have good intentions, but being a leaver would require a huge life style change. Let's face it, its alot easier to talk about being a leaver than actually being one.

Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:43 pm
All-star
All-star

I think we are definitely both. In my opinion it depends on the situation.

Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:12 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 10 posts ]