View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Heterosexual Questionnaire 

In "What Matthew Shepard Would Tell Us" I found that the “Heterosexual Questionnaireâ€

Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:18 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I also thought this questioner was very cool. I think it is a great way to look from the perspective of someone that is homosexual. It def made me think.

Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I found the questionnaire eye-opening as well. Some of these questions just do not seem to have answers. I do think it is a good way to teach cultural awareness because it forces someone to think about things from the perspective of a person who is not heterosexual. Showing these questions to a person who is critical of individuals with a different sexual orientation, from their own, it might make them realize how difficult it would be having to answer these types of questions every day life just because people view them differently. I think it would make a person think twice about being critical of another person's way of life.

Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:44 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I thought the questionnaire was interesting as well. Many of the questions I had never thought about before and some I did not know how to even answer. It was eye-opening to get a different perspective.

Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:24 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I also did not know how to answer some of the questions in the questionaire. I think people often forget to look at the perspectives of others in situations like these and this questionaire definitely opened my eyes to another perspective.

Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:30 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I thought it was interesting because a lot (or maybe all) of the questions were those that are stereotypically asked of homosexual people by heterosexual people. I couldn't imagine being asked those questions by someone, I wouldn't know what to say, yet people who are homosexual have to deal with those questions quite frequently.

Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]