View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 How would you deal with a lockdown in your classroom? 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think it is hard to know exactly what you would do in a lock down situation until you are in it but there should definitely be a plan in place. I plan to teach upper elementary school so I would be fairly upfront with my students about what was going on and that we have to do certain things to make sure that everyone is safe. If I were in a lower grade, i would probably try to downplay the fact that we are on lock down. Perhaps continue with a fun activity unless that wouldn't be safe. If it were the type of situation were we all needed to be hiding behind desks and what not, I would probably be really worried with younger kids because that would be really scary for them.

Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:32 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

The first time was my 10th grade year of high school for a tornado that came through our town. My reaction was oblivious to the actual danger of the situation. I remember sitting in the hall, laughing and making jokes.

The second time, of course was the "shooting" thing on campus and I was a little scared at first, but then I was like... why can't I just leave? This is ridiculous. What are the odds that this person will shoot me on the way to the car in relevance to his location and mine. Plus, I was in the glass octagon of the education building. I was like.... seriously? We're having a lock down in the GLASS OCTAGON???? I might has well just walked to my car, anyway. :roll:

Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2