View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Crossdressing for attention? 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

There was a few threads of conversation in our last class about students who crossdress for attention, rather than being truly transgendered. I have never heard of this, but as you probably remember, my school experience has been quite different than some of yours. Could you guys explain this to me, and maybe provide some examples that you've seen? I remember the football player with the mascara example, but again, I am still confused as to this phenomenon.

Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:35 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Most of the time at my high school we had a spirit week where everyone in the school would dress up and often times some males decided to dress like females. It was strictly for attention on that particular day and was just for fun and games. Nothing bad ever ocurred throguh this at my high school that I know of.

Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:10 pm
All-star
All-star

It is not a simple explanation. I have an old friend (not my gay best friend) who cross dresses to the point of calling himself a 'princess'. He admits to being a drama qeen and loving the positive and nwegative responses he gets. This makes me believe that he does it more for attention, than because of his sexual orientation. He is an open bisexual, so its confusing to me also. I think he is just lookingfor intamacy more than anything.

Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:14 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Our high school actually had a spirit rally thing during football season where all the players would dress up in prom dresses, make up and parade themselves in front of the entire school where they would compete by applause to be the most attractive girl. That always seemed strange to me.

Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]