View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Election 2008 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Just wanted to start a thread and see who everyone was voting for and why? Personally I am voting for Obama, but just wanted to see where everyone else stood.

Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:40 pm
All-star
All-star

Im actually still on the fence! I really have no idea! if anyone has any agruments for or against anyone please share so I can make the best decision possible!

Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:15 pm
All-star
All-star

I am voting for Obama. Even if he does not win, he will at least started something momenteous in American Politics. I am not quite sure why, but I just do not like Hillary Clinton. I really wana woman to run for President, just not her. I am ready for the WASP requirement to be removed from the Presidential Requlations. (Of coarse, McCain is Catholic, so the WASP is out of office). White Anglo-Saxon Protestant.

Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:57 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Yeah I think Obama is doing something momentous right now. I am excited about him and what he can do for our nation which is something I haven't been able to say for a while about politics. I also agree with Tripp that I don't care for Hillary, not because she is a woman but because there is something unsettling about her that just doesn't sit right with me.

Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:56 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I too am unsettled with Hillary and this could be due to various reasons. Watching her speak to me just never seems real. At least watching Bush is real dumb at best. Also, for me imperial presidency has been a worry. She has done little to stop the Bush train from having so much control especially with the war. Third, unless it is just a really sweet deal having the same two families in the White House for 2.5+ decades is really something to think about. I know that we only have two main political parties but do we now have just two main political families. Will 2012 be Jeb Bush vs. Hillary Clinton? Where does it end?

Personally, my favorite canidate was Ron Paul. I think the idea of him having no chance is what tore many people down. Heck yeah, he is kind of crazy but he at least was on common ground with me when it came to government cynicism. Paul and his kind are on the way out in the Republican party but the neo-conservative movement needs to be balanced out with some common sense. Nobody else seems to be pointing out how ridiculious our government is not just with this war but on many issues. Paul has served on an economic commitee for awhile now and he has been motivated to truly get to the root of the economic problems. There are some excellent YouTube videos with him dealing with the Federal Reserve in particular. Anyway, I have not really found my hope in any of these other 3 canidates possibly due to my cynicism. I will try my best over these coming months to learn more about all of them and maybe just maybe I will throw a ballot in this November.

Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:34 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I don't trust the Clintons. At all. I'm voting for McCain.

Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:09 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Honestly I don't know who I will vote for as of now. I think that once the Democratic candidate is announced I will try to focus more on the issues that the candidates are going to work on as president. So I know that sounds bad, but sometimes you get consumed with other stuff and forget to focus on the news.

Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:26 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I agree with JoBeth...this time of year really takes away from you focusing on life outside of this place. But, though I am still undecided, I am REALLY excited about it all. This time, we have a real choice to make. It is not the best of two evils anymore and I feel much more confident in America since issues are getting raised and people are refusing to go along with fear anymore.

Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:04 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I'm probably going to vote for Obama, but I'm really not impressed with anyone. Maybe 8 years of empty Bush promises and flat-out lies have made me cynical, but I just don't believe that any one person will change the course of this nation. Obama is a good speaker, very charismatic, and willing to sit down with people who we have perceived as enemies and figure out how to build a relationship. Fine. All I've really heard from anyone on this campaign, Republican, Democrat, whatever, is a lot of rhetoric, a lot of podium-pounding, a lot of accusations, but very little in the way of good, honest solutions. Except for Ron Paul, but he wants to go back to the gold standard and have everyone be farmers again, so he's a bad politician too, just in a different, less subtle way.

Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:40 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I know we do not always directly talk to each other on the forum but let me break rank here with some puzzling thoughts. Stephan I am not really sure what you mean by the farmer comment? It could be a joke I missed but I would like to know. Also, the gold standard is not really a bad thing. What is a bad thing is that we have no checks and balances for our money. Instead we print monopoly money for our country to run smoothly and over time into huge problems. Gold was certainly a means to help inflation and since we have gotten off the gold standard it seems to correlate with rising prices. I know it seems like such a laughable and archaic thing to be on the gold standard. Although, I am certainly not laughing now that our dollar is plummeting to new lows.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:41 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

As other people have said, I just don't trust Hillary Clinton. Other than that I'm not sure who I'm voting for. I usually don't decide until later because a lot can happen until then.

Thu May 01, 2008 9:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]