View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 High school student trying to make bomb 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I don't know if you guys have heard, but somewhere in an NC high school, a guy was found trying to make a bomb to blow up his school. No one ever expected him to be the type of guy to do this, but his parents opened a package he had ordered and found out what he was trying to do so they turned him in. As of right now, he is facing 5 years in prison. I just wanted to see if you guys think that is a harsh enough sentence because although I know he didn't do it, he was planning to but he got caught first. There's no telling how many people could have been killed if he hadn't got caught- hundreds, maybe even thousands...and only a 5 yr. sentence?

Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:40 am
All-star
All-star

Part of the judgement is that he did not actually committ the crime. Even if he only does 5 years, I would hope that he remains in some sort of supervised mental care.

Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:06 pm
All-star
All-star

I agree that along with his sentence he probably needs some other forms of mental health treatment.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:04 am
All-star
All-star

Holy crap that is awful! Im glad his parents turned him in!!! And I dont really know if its harsh enough since he was going to blow up his school! but since he wasnt able to go through with it I guess in all fairness it is pretty harsh, but he had intent so I guess I feel right about it. I would feel a little better saying that it I knew more of the story behind it! what do yall think?

Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:43 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

This does shock me, but it just shows that you really don't know when a person could snap. It just sad that children today are so easily effected by media and other forms today. It is just scary and yes hopefully he will remain in psychological care until no longer necessary.

Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]