View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Clinton on campus today!! 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I was literally 10 foot in front of Bill Clinton today as he made his 6 points on why Hillary is the most qualified candidate for presidency.

1. Environment - Budget for alternate methods of energy and fuel to decrease spending and conserve our Earth's resources

2. Health Care - all successful nations have a more efficient program where EVERY citizen is covered at cheaper cost

3. Education - public service jobs, such as teachers should receive repayment of school loans per year of service

4. Military Restoration - bring troops home, restore relationships

5. Deficit Restoration - implementing Bill Clinton's plan to bring our country out of debt with adjustments and improvements

6. Veterans and Retirees - Taking care of them in turn takes care of our younger generations financially

Were any of you there? Did I get all those points correct?? He did elaborate with details on each point, but I'm just throwing out the highlights that I thought were most important. I honestly admire the fact that Hillary has experience and that Bill is backing her. I feel more secure knowing that they had such a positive effect on our country during Bill's presidency. What are your opinions?

Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:15 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I agree with you, i too went to see Bill speak today and i must say he is an excellent speaker. I have been an avid Obama supporter for a while, but never really gave Hillary a chance, and after hearing her key points today made by Bill I am now avidly considering her as my choice on May 6. I hope more people got to go today.

Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:52 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Don't mind me I am just a disgruntled American who listened to most of the speech out in the courtyard. Don't forget Hillary is going to solve the housing problem. She may go back in time and manage to unmake some of the bad loans that banks made and even worse commitments that people declared. Not everyone is simply irresponsible but honestly why is it all on the government to bail them out. Bill said that it would cause this quarter of a million dollar hole in the economy for every home yet what are you going to do to fix it? Throwing more money at the problem? Or maybe giving them a loan that chances are they will not pay off due to the average human lifespan? Now his talk on the environment was okay by me. Who does not want gas to go down and make the world a better place. Whether we are first or last in earth-friendliness we can always do more. The whole car thing he was talking about does not sound like anything new. Honestly, I think the whole auto industry is a scam considering our vehicles have done little to improve in the past 100 years. Other than that I thought it was mostly feel goody, patch work ideas that to me were not all that impressive.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:21 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

For my part, I was wondering why Hillary herself didn't show up; she was just down the road in Blowing Rock, and I think it would've gone a long way towards ending Obama's stranglehold on this campus, especially judging from what Preston said.
Personally, I want Bill Clinton back, and I wish he could run again. I don't know, there is something about Hillary that I just don't like. I know that's shallow, but I've never really gotten an honest vibe from her. Now, I've never really gotten an honest vibe from Bill either, but at least he has a little bit of charisma.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:11 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Erica, you got your six points right. I was there and can confirm those for you.

I support Obama, and after hearing Bill speak, I am still voting for Obama. I will say that I am made more secure in my feelings if Hillary was elected, but I was more enamored with Bill, not Hillary, she still gives me the creeps when I watch her.

As far as what Stephen said about Hillary being in Blowing Rock and not coming, I am really disappointed with that. I guess she was to busy staying at the Westglow Spa and Resort, pandering to the rich and moral-less in Blowing Rock than to come talk for an hour to some college students.

On a side note, one of the Secret Service guys there with Bill was my former youth soccer coach who got recruited to Washington for the Secret Service.

andy ellis

Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:17 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I heard that Hillary went to Blowing Rock to have a luncheon at $2900 a plate!! (maybe not true) I thought about it and if I were going to chat it up with the rich, locals who have money that could support her campaign and pull strings around town, I would send the wife. If I wanted to entice a bunch of college kids, I would send the Former President of the United States. I see where you're coming from, though.

You can't take Hillary without Bill, remember that. Even if Hillary freaks people out, the Clinton administration's facts do speak for themselves. I'm just afraid that Obama is going to get into a mess and not know what to do in a time of crisis.

Andy, that's cool about your soccer coach, lol. I remember when I went to NYLC, I passed Hillary on the escalator at the underground subway and almost fainted! Silly.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]