View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Wrapping Up Foundations 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Since this is the last day and I know some people are still trying to get some last minute posts done, myself included, I thought I would start a thread about this class in general.

I have enjoyed this class, and especially enjoyed the higher level discussion aspect of this class. I also liked the way Dr. Turner tried to put us into situations many teachers have to deal with in order to prepare us for teaching. BUT, at times I didn't want to come to class and thought this class was pointless. I consider this class valuable but thought it maybe could be condensed or combined with another class maybe?

Just wondering what y'all thought.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:02 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I feel about the same way. Since I am going into student teaching this fall I think that it was extremely important that we discussed some of the issues which were raised in this class. After having this class I definitely feel more prepared than I did the first day of class this semester.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:09 am
All-star
All-star

I think I feel more prepared now that I have taken this class as well, especially from the "what would you do" discussions. I only wish we had some more scenarios maybe to think about throughout the semester. Overall though, I think it was a really good class.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:15 am
All-star
All-star

I also really enjoyed this class and now feel more prepared. I thought this class brought up a lot of things that we might encounter in the classroom, that others classes didn't dare talk about. I learned so much from the videos and articles that we read that I had never heard of before.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]