View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Classroom Situation 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Last class period, we talked about how we would handle different situations in our classroom. A lot of the situations we talked about were for the older grades, since I am a B-K major they were somewhat hard for me to respond to. I have a situation in my preschool classroom, so I thought I would ask to see how ya'll would handle.

I have some children who are very interested in learning about their bodies and like to explore their own and each others. This i s really a bad thing, considering they are different sexes. Their parents are getting upset with what is happening, but it is a hard thing to watch over all the time. Preschoolers are very sneaky and try to get away with a lot.

So how would everyone handle this? Any suggestions?

Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:00 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Well it seems like you have a very tricky situation on your hands. It is natural for children to want to explore the world around them and it is not uncommon for this situation to come up in many classrooms. One way I have learned about is simply ignoring the actions. The belief behind this method is that the curiosity will eventually go away and we do not want more attention on what they are doing. This might make them do it more. If the situation becomes more complicated then I think it would also be appropriate for your class to have group discussion about what is going on in the classroom. You should talk to parent and let them know that you cannot control everything that goes on in the classroom and let them know that you are doing everything you can to help the situation. Hope this helps.

Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]