View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 President Clinton at ASU 
All-star
All-star

Last full day of tuesday thursday classes for everyone tomorrow. For some of us, this is one of the last days we will spend at App actually going to classes. But I find myself not focused on the last day of classes, doing papers or studying right now, I'm hype to see the President tomorrow. Like him or not, the former president is going to be in Boone. Democrat or Republican, this is a great opportunity for all us to take advantage of if we so choose. Maybe it's just the history major talking over here, but I think this is a pretty big deal...anyone else interested in tomorrow's festivities?

Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:26 pm
All-star
All-star

I am going to ask Dr. Brantz if we can get out of class early to get good seats!

Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:16 pm
Profile WWW
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

my roommates and i are stoked. i can't believe old slick willy is coming to asu. so far i have heard it's today (tuesday) at 3pm in the varsity gym. does anyone know if it's first come, first served or we have some kind of ticket procedure?

Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:50 am
All-star
All-star

Let me just say that Bill Clinton kicks ass! Although it was a pain in the ass standing in line for almost two hours, it was totally worth it to see (in my opinion) one of the best U.S. presidents in history. :-)

Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:21 pm
All-star
All-star

Bill Clinton was an amazing president. That is part of the reason why I almost want to vote for Hillary. Bill seems to think she would do a better job than he did (which is pretty damn good), and a vote for Hillary is a vote for Bill back in the White House.

All in all it was AWESOME! Time well spent. I am personally a John McCain supporter listening to Bill speak is making me go back and reevaluate my positions, which is always a good thing.

Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:24 pm
Profile WWW
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I have a hard time seeing a President who spent so much time trying to get through so many controversies as doing a good job. His personal issues often placed the problems of the country on the back burner.

Delta Tau Delta- Iota Kappa
Phi Eta Sigma
ASU Men's Leadership Circle
IFC
ASU Resident Adviser- Mnt. Apts.
MRSA

Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:22 pm
Profile WWW
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

What? Where were you? Of course the scandal took over the last part of his presidency but are you serious? Obviously you don't know the facts. Our country was saved because of Bill.......taxes were going down, unemployment was down, everything was looking up until we had a dumb-ass come into office, the W-orst. You probably voted in Bush....both times!

Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:45 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Yikes! And the verbal mudslinging begins. However, I pretty much agree with Seth. When President Clinton ruled the land taxes and unemployment (two really huge issues that we're facing now) were looking pretty good. I was disappointed that I missed him. I heard that they were only going to let 1,000 in and when I saw the line sprawling down Rivers Street, I decided to go ahead meet up with some people in the library for some group work.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:58 pm
All-star
All-star

Regardless of someone's political affiliation, I think it is impossible not to see how Bill Clinton's leadership made America a great country...especially compared to the leadership we have right now.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:33 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Many of you who accuse me of not knowing the "facts", take a look at what the "facts" really say about the man who "saved" America.

- The only president ever impeached on grounds of personal malfeasance
- Most number of convictions and guilty pleas by friends and associates*
- Most number of cabinet officials to come under criminal investigation
- Most number of witnesses to flee country or refuse to testify
- Most number of witnesses to die suddenly
- First president sued for sexual harassment.
- First president accused of rape.
- First first lady to come under criminal investigation
- Largest criminal plea agreement in an illegal campaign contribution case
- First president to establish a legal defense fund.
- First president to be held in contempt of court
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions
- Greatest amount of illegal campaign contributions from abroad
- First president disbarred from the US Supreme Court and a state court
again

You be the judge.

Delta Tau Delta- Iota Kappa
Phi Eta Sigma
ASU Men's Leadership Circle
IFC
ASU Resident Adviser- Mnt. Apts.
MRSA

Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:42 pm
Profile WWW
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Yikes i didn't realize that this topic was going to be soooooo sensitive. But i do agree with Shane in the opening strand. How often is it that a President comes to little Boone-town?? I do feel that it was an awesome opportunity and that everyone if possible should have attended.

Thu May 01, 2008 1:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]