View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 McCain, Obama, or Clinton? 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Who do you place you vote with and why?

Delta Tau Delta- Iota Kappa
Phi Eta Sigma
ASU Men's Leadership Circle
IFC
ASU Resident Adviser- Mnt. Apts.
MRSA

Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:24 pm
Profile WWW
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

As a registered Republican, I am happy to see two strong Democratic nominees. Clinton and Obama are tearing each other apart and doing all of the work for the Republican party. I am not exactly enamored with McCain and wish there was a more conservative candidate, but will definitely vote for McCain over the alternative.

Phi Eta Sigma
IFC
MRSA

Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:27 pm
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

I like ALOT of Hillary's stances. If I was a democrat she would definitely get my vote in the primary. Unfortunately I disagree with her on two important issues (Iraq and Healthcare), and as a result I have to go John McCain with my november vote. McCain, the great moderate, will make an ideal president. Someone who is focused and respected and can work across party lines to accomplish his goals. Hillary and Obama have divided the democratic party so much I wonder if they can work effectively within their own party if one of them gets elected.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:02 am
Profile WWW
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

My vote goes to Obama. I think he has great potential as the president. His stances really appeal to me. I just don't know if I can trust Hillary quiet yet as the president. McCain is blind to the need for healthcare and only views things one-sided. Obama reaches the American people and as a registered Democrat he will get my vote in Novemeber.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:28 am
All-star
All-star

I am a republican but i am still not sure who i am going to vote for, it is either going to be Obama or McCain. I have no decided.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:47 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Because I vote based on platform, not party, I won't reveal which party I belong to. However, I will explain the three most important issues to me: Education, Environment, and Iraq. No Child Left behind has been underfunded from the beginning and therefore needs to be done away with. We need a plan of action for making less impact on the environment. I also think that we should pull out of Iraq as safely and quickly as possible. With that explained, I'll go through the 3 top candidates.
I am disappointed with McCain in that he does NOT think we should pull out of Iraq immediately. His stance on the environment sounds hopeful, but he rarely goes into the specifics on exactly what he wants to do in that area. On the topic of education, I found this on his website:
Quote:
"The deplorable status of preparation for our children, particularly in comparison with the rest of the industrialized world, does not allow us the luxury of eliminating options in our educational repertoire…"
This view is overwhelmingly negative and anyone in (or going into) the field of education should feel discouraged. Therefore, I won't be voting McCain.
Cilinton and Obama mostly agree on the 3 issues that I am mainly concerend about. They want to pull out of Iraq, get rid of NCLB, and imporve government policy to protect the environment. They are both really specific with their plans of action. This specifity tells me that they they are very forward and not attempting to hide any of their views. However, I am relatively confident that come November, I'm going to vote Obama. He outdoes Clinton in his ability to unite and inspire people of all backgrounds. I think he has the ability to unify America.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:35 pm
All-star
All-star

Brittany, I just have to say.. that I agree with absolutely everything you wrote in your post. I'm registered as an independent because I vote based on the individual people running and their positions on the issues most important to me. I don't vote a straight party ticket. I try to read as much as I can about each candidate and then if I agree with pieces of each of their platforms, I decide which pieces are the most important to me and vote based on those. This election, I agree with the stance the democratic party has taken on education, the environment, and the war in Iraq. So, it would be between Obama and Clinton.. but then, for some reason I just get a bad feeling about Hillary Clinton when I see her on TV, and every time I see or hear Obama I feel really excited about the future of our country. So, I'll be voting for Obama this fall.

Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:38 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Obama is a great public speaker and appeals to many population of voters, however, I would be very concerned with his lack of experience. Obama has only served in the US Senate for one term and is the least experienced of any of the candidates, especially in international affairs.

Phi Eta Sigma
IFC
MRSA

Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:29 pm
Profile WWW
All-star
All-star

I have not decided yet, but I am leaning towards Obama. I know he has the least amount of political experience, but I like a lot of his stances. I also like the fact that he wants to do away with No Child Left Behind!

Thu May 01, 2008 10:38 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I am in agreeance with many of yall on this strand. I am not sure who i am voting for, but Jonathan does have a good point about the Democrats just ripping each other apart. But i do like the fact that Obama wants to get rid of the No Child Left Behind act. So my vote will be going toward McCain or Obama!

Thu May 01, 2008 1:38 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think it will all come down to who McCain picks for his running mate. I think that Obama is the strongest of the two democratic candidates, but I'm pretty republican, and just hope that McCain finds someone strong to run with. I think that all of the current problems that Obama is having with his pastor are really putting a damper on his campaign, which is really unfortunate, but better to find stuff like that out now, right?

Thu May 01, 2008 3:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]