View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Biggest Fear 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

What is your biggest fear about teaching?

Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:14 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

My biggest fear about teaching is that four years into the profession, I will become so frustrated and fed up that, like so many others, I will just give up and fall out of the profession.

Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:31 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

My biggest fear is that I will not be able to meet each child's individual needs. The last thing I want to do is let down a student. I also fear that I will either run out of time or not be able to fill all the time right away.

Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:57 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

My biggest fear is that Physical Education will not be lost in the future to more "important" subjects along with art, music, and dance.

Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:05 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I feel that my biggest fear would be if I was to not know my teaching area (Physical Education) well enough to be successful and is looked at as a poor teacher by my peers and community.

Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:22 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I fear that I will try to be a 'people pleaser' teacher who will try to get every student to like me which I know won't happen. I also am afraid that since I'm teaching computers and business, that a student will come into class knowing more than I do about computers.

Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:25 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I agree with Jordan. My biggest fear would have to be not meeting each child's individual needs.

I feel that it is my job as a physical educator to turn students on to being physically active and want to improve their overall fitness. It scares me to know that I could not meet a child's needs and turn them completely off from physical activity.

Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:25 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

My biggest fear is not finding a J-O-B!!! Trying to find a pe job around home might be difficult. I dont know if I could handle the big city like g-boro or winston salem.

Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:09 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Yeah me and Sidney are on the same page. But, since I am a WOman, I think I might have a better chance of finding a job...esp in the high schools. I'm not worried about classroom management or anything, just mainly if I can stay focused enough and not get bored. I don't think I will but that might be a fear. And I think kids are getting more and more spoiled and think that I will owe them something. I plan on working their tails off.

Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:39 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

-My biggest Fear is trying to walk in completely organized and feel prepared and then it all crumbles.
-I also agree with Jordan and fear I will not be able to meet each child’s individual needs.
-I want to be the teacher everyone likes and wants to get but I don’t want to let the students walk all over me and I fear I will allow that to happen and get in too deep.
-I fear my students will not be successful on the EOGS and that I will focus more on trying to integrate things and not give them the kind of information they need for the EOGS.
I have a lot of fears about going into the classroom but I think once I get in there and experience things I will only learn from the mistakes I make and one day my fears will be petty and nothing of seriousness.

Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:50 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think my biggest fear with teaching is the time and preparation it takes to learn enough about content matter to be able to be an effective teacher. When it comes to PE each of us usually has an area that we know really well, and a sport or area we do not know well at all. My fear is that I will be asked as a begging teacher to teach a sport that I don't know as well as others and only have limited time to prepare. Overall, I guess I worry about what it takes to be effective and successful as a teacher whether its content or something else...I guess I will be finding out soon enough :D !

Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:33 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I agree with Jordan. My biggest fear is not meeting every childs needs. Another concept that stood out to me in this class was the article that we read about teaching ourselves. I never thought of it that way, and I feel that I could easily fall under that category. I think about how bored I was in school and have this thought in my head that I will never let my children get bored. The problem with that is that there are students out there that are laid back and don't need the excitement that I needed. I am also a diversity cultures minor and I have an attitude that caters to minorities (race, learning disablilites, socio-economic class, gender, etc.), so I'm afraid that I may get so caught up in helping the one's who need help and forget about the one's who I think are "fine." I'm glad that this class has made me realize these things and now, I know I will have to find a balance.

Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:13 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I can't say that I have just one fear. I fear that I am not going to be adequate enough to be in charge of classroom, I fear that I won't be able to reach some of my students, my greatest fear is having students feel less than enough and just give up. As cheesy as it sounds, I really just want to make a difference, but I'm afraid that I wont'.

Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:11 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Choosing a biggest fear about teaching is pretty hard considering I'm terrified to get into the classroom (in two months). I guess my biggest fear about teaching is that I'll go through a semester or a year and not teach my students anything. I do not just mean that in an academic sense. I want my students to learn something from my class, and hopefully from me as a person. It scares me to think that there is a chance I may not have a positive effect on anyone. I'm also scared of teaching for the sake of improving scores on end of grade and end of course tests. I'm a pretty free spirit, and I'm scared that it'll be really tough for me to follow the standards which sometimes seem to be forced upon us as teachers.

Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:51 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I believe in public schools like some people believe in Jesus. Because knowledge is power and learning is empowerment, my biggest fear is that I will be teaching a bunch of privileged rich kids who don't need any extra empowerment while so many other students out there desperately need good teachers and don't get them because of the powers that be.

Also, I want to be nothing sort of an ass-kicking teacher when I get there. I am scared that I will not kick ass.

Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:34 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

My biggest fear as an educator is me trying to create musicians out of all of my students. Although I absolutely love music, it will be difficult sharing with my students my passion for music and them not sharing the same. As a performing art music is extremely expressive, therefore it is my job to make sure students can express themselves with and without music.

Jazz Certificate

Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:17 pm
Profile WWW

Honestly my biggest fear would be simply to learn that i dont enjoy being a chorus teacher for whatever reason. Ive invested a lot of time and energy in what i am going to to, and it would kind of feel like a waste.

Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:48 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I agree with ben, is the thought of not knowing my area well enough to teach it and then being looked down on as a horrible teacher.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]