View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Where do we go from here? 

The general consensus from students and teachers on No Child Left Behind seems to be that it does more harm than good, and that it needs to go. I have heard lots of different opinions on what will happen to the NCLB program once the new Presidential term begins. In the face of this transition, it seems to me that we have the unique opportunity to stand back and appreciate the focus we have gained from the program's implementation, as well as to consider any changes we feel need to be made to optimize the educational experience in our public schools. I feel like totally trashing its efforts and getting rid of all the ideas of NCLB would be a mistake. I think we need to be as accountable for the education of each and every child as we can be, but as most ed majors i have spoke to will agree, i think there are many changes to the program that need to take place as soon as possible. Lastly, i think that educators who teach in public schools should be the ones to debate the issue, not politicians or anyone who hasn't felt the effects of NCLB.

Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]