View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Preppy School 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I went to what is considered to be a pretty preppy high school. I mean my school was the like the school in the movie about social class where the students cars were better than the teachers.. And this still stands true today. You cannot drive past Williams High School and expect to see some beat up car, unless you are looking in the teachers lot. (which is hidden in the middle of the school & stadium[the school is shaped similar to a bone and the stadium lines up with the back and the teacher lot is there] - i hope that makes sense) ANYWAYS. I'm curious.. Did anyone else experience this in High School?? and What defines a "preppy School"?

Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:16 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I had a bit of a different experience than katie but i do know what she is talking about we are from the same area, but my school would be considered the redneck school, where we had the jacked up trucks with a gun rack in the back for hunting, and mudslinging tires on the truck.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:19 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think a "preppy school" is exactly as you defined it Katie. However these schools are also the ones that are higher achieving in academics than other schools, and are seen as examples for other schools in the system to try and follow. Easier said than done. My school however was much like Joshua's, definitely not tops in anything, except truck heights and gun racks.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:45 am

I guess i was in the relatively preppy school of my county, we more so refered to as the school where the doctors and lawyers children went or the richer pot heads, the other school was the farmers school, and the last was the poorer pot heads.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]