View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Teachers Harming Their Students 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

After reading the topic on teachers being a positive influence on their students, I wanted to ask everyone if they had ever had any teachers that had created really horrible memories for them? Or if any teachers had ever discouraged you in a scarring way?

Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:18 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I've had teachers that I didn't like too much because they just weren't happy with their career..haha. But I've never had anything traumatizing happening or something that has happened to where a teacher has harmed me in any way. It's sad to know that there are teachers out there like that who would go to the length to use harmful or disturbing teaching methods to make their learn.

Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:23 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Oh my, I have had some terrible experiences with teachers. I had teachers who would make fun of the students for not getting the correct answers or call someone out when they knew they were clueless. My geometry teacher in 10th grade was the biggest jerk ever. He picked on everyone, it made me afraid to answer questions because if i was wrong i would be humilated. That's another reason why I want to be a teacher, because I want to be the type of teacher that doesn't allow for there only to be negative experiences in a classroom.

Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:09 pm
Site Admin

My fifth grade teacher made a wonderful, hugely chubby little boy named Danny stand on his head in the front of the room for talking to the girl behind him - me!

I still remember Danny's t-shirt slipping over his naked tummy and ending up around his beet-red face as he struggled to stay upright in the very front of the room.

There were other incidents with other teachers, but this was probably the most cruel and most bizarre.

Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:30 pm
Profile WWW
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I can remember the one teacher in highschool that i will never forget. I was in his office on day, where a lot of the students went to eat lunch. and he approached me about a chair that was in there, mind you this chair was probably 10 years old atleast and had already broke several times but he refused to buy a new one, he just kept fixing the same chair, well he approached me and said that he didnt want anyone over 200 pounds sitting in that chair and that i was to not sit in it anymore. Infuriated, i was not sure what to say, but my friends were waiting a more boisterous response to what he had said, but later that day my mom got ahold of him, the principal and the superintendent. He was written up that day, the first time in 34 yrs of teaching, then he was to apologize later, but never did so then he was written up again within a 2 week span. needless to say i will never forget that experience.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]