View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Teacher Supplies 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

In my CI 2800 class my teacher suggested that we start saving supplies now, such as toilet paper rolls, paper towel rolls, etc. So After every holiday I try to go to Wal-mart and target to buy things when they go like 75 % off. I was curious to see if I am the only crazy person out there doing that or if other elementary ed. majors are planning ahead too.

Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:13 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I have not started but I have thought about it. Some places offer discounted prices to teachers which will be nice. Also besides the obvious tissues, paper and pencils I have no idea what i will need in my classroom. I am teaching high school history where coloring isn't required.

Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:29 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I have definitely already started doing that. I also love going to Wal-Mart after holidays and getting things for my classroom on sale. That is really exciting!

Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:51 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

It may be in a little different direction, but I know that in the music education curriculum we have an entire class devoted to finding materials that we need such as instruments, an uniforms for marching band, as well as standard pieces of music that should be in every directors personal inventory, so that if a school is low on funds and music, we already have a moderate core of standard repertoire. And yes, as they have suggested to us, I have started to accumulate these pieces.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]