View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 An Educational Summer? 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I love the summer. There's always something to do or somewhere to go. But what happens when you make the choice, or are forced to take a summer course. Until this class, I can honestly say that I had never actually learned anything in the summer. So this class and the material that I have gotten, which I feel will really stick with me, has thrown me for a loop. What do you guys think? Do you get your bang for the buck in summer sessions?

Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:20 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

There are pros and cons to summer classes: it is putting your summer to good use furthering your education but at the same time it is expensive. I for one have been having issues b/c I am not getting the need break from thinking I am use to in the summer which has caused me to be stressed out and high strung. I have learned a lot and it will stick with me but the emotional cost might be too high for me.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:24 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think in a class like this I can definitely get something out of it. However a course like biology would not be of much use other than to get a grade. There is simply too much information in most courses to achieve a thorough mastery of said course in 4 weeks.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:53 am

After taking multiple summer classes this has been the only class where i think i really learned or thought about a lot. Which makes me wish i had taken durring the school year to where it was maybe less of a whirlewind tour of thought.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:14 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Summer School allows me to take the time to engage and pay attention to the course(s) I am taking. During the school year I am more concerned with classes that pertain to my degree as well as music in general.

Jazz Certificate

Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:49 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]