View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Uses for Media Center 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Since we talked about the media center today and the many roles it plays in the school, how do you believe it will affect (positive or negative) your own classroom?
For me, a secondary math major, I have had a hard time picturing myself using the media center, but I do know that if I ever need to do research (or want my students to) that would be the first place I would go.

Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:55 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

As someone who is going to teach music, I find it sometimes hard to picture what I might use the media center for as well. In an elementary setting for example, the music teacher only gets students for a specific period of time each week, and most of that time usually needs to be spent on music. I think that it could be a good resource for a project which focuses on research about a composer or a particular style of music, however, it is sometimes really hard to figure out a good time to give a project like that in a class situation that is so often hands on. I think, however, that personally (as a teacher) I could benefit from the use of the media center. I think that it would be a wonderful resource to help me develop new lessons and projects which require research, and in turn will benefit my students. Also, I believe that in class we talked about the use of a workshop situation through the media center which would benefit me incredibly as a teacher.

Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:16 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

As an elementary major, I think I will use the media center a lot. I will definitely encourage my students to check out one or two books from the library each week or at least every other week, depending on when my class goes to the library. I think that I will use the librarian as a tool to help me find interesting books on different curriculum as the year progresses.

Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]