View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 What have you learned? 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

As this semester comes to an end and we all begin to study for our finals, I always ask myself the question of what have I learned in class and is it useful for my future. In short has my time been well spent in this class. I have to answer that I have had a positive learning experience and that I have learned many things that will be useful when I teach. However, this class has also reinforced in me that I do not want to teach for very long or at all in the high school setting. You may ask then why I continue in this major, and I will say that I do like studying education and I find it useful, but I have other plans that include getting an advanced degree in physics. I just can not see myself teaching for thirty years and retiring. But that is just me. So I would like to know what everyone else has taken from this class and whether they have found it useful for their goals.

Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:53 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

In response to Zach, I actually have to say that I gained the exact opposite feelings about teaching from the discussions we've had in this class. This class has brought up so many issues that we will face as teachers and I think it has made me think so much deeper about situations and how I might react to them. Although sometimes we leave the discussions we have about heavy topics in a sort of depressed mood, it really makes me convicted to do something about it! Figuring out how I feel about a lot of these issues has made me even more passionate about teaching EVERY child and trying to offer them a well-rounded education. I have really enjoyed the conversations we've had in this class (if you can't tell by how much I talk...haha) and I think that it has just deepened my passion for teaching and learning.

Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]