View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Themes and content from today's movie and discussion...help! 

This past weekend I was in VA with my family horseback riding. Well it was a very long weekend to say the least! But the end result was that I fell off my uncle's horse while he was running back to the pasture. I didn't break anything but I did badly bruise my hip, ribs and tail bone. I can't walk very good yet so I am just taking a few days to rest. So if anyone would please tell me what went on in class today I would gladly appreciate it! Thank you for your help and time! Hope you all have a nice day.

Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:20 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

This definitely isn't everything that we discussed, but...we talked about Bloom's Taxonomy, and how we should teach at a higher level of thinking, and sometimes we can even teach the knowledge level stuff (facts, dates, etc.) by way of evaluation level teaching. We also watched part of a video on the Mylai massacre during the Vietnam War in which American soldiers attacked a small farming village because intelligence had pointed them out as Vietcong. They killed nearly everyone in the village (women, children, old people), and it interviewed some of the soldiers, highlighting their emotional struggles with their own ability to be so brutal. She kinda tied it in with how it is easier to just go along with everything in a school and not take a stand against something even if we know it is wrong, so we must stick to our convictions...
Hope that helps at least a little bit. I think we might be finishing the video on Thursday. I hope you are feeling better :)

Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:26 pm

Thank you so much for your help Jennifer! This at least gives me a start on what i missed. :)

Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]