View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Resources 
All-star
All-star

As we finish this class I wanted to open a space for everyone to share websites, book titles, or any other resources that could be helpful for someone else in the class. This is a rare class in that we span all areas of the curriculum and ages Pre K-12. Please list the resources along with a statement of what can be found there and the grade levels it is geared toward. Hopefully this can help each of us have something tangible to take away from this experience and new resources to explore as we prepare to enter the classroom.

http://www.sedl.org/afterschool/toolkits/
This website has a variety of resources for teachers of all ages. It's designed for after school programs but I think it's just as useful for classroom teachers. I have used it for the math content before. Each section has sample lesson plans that follow the guidelines that it shows. I especially like this website because it includes ELL modifications (at least it does in the math ones.) Hope some of you may find this helpful

Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:13 am
All-star
All-star

I think this is a great idea! The sites I enjoy most are learnnc.org, thinkfinity.org, and readwritethink.com

Forgive me if any of those aren't exactly the correct addresses! Each website has its own special qualities, and most are phenomenal at aligning with the NCSCS and integrating all of the subjects together.

Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:13 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

This is the website for the Foundation for Critical Thinking which is devoted to critical thinking. I got it from my CI 3850 teacher Jeff Goodman.

Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]