View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Cain and Abel Video 

The movie on Cain and Abel was very interesting to me because I had never really stopped to think about the different sides of the story of Cain and Abel. One of the writers brought up the point that while Cain was punished for killing his brother he still had the grace of God on his side and was protected from others by God. I had never really thought about this in those terms. I had always just thought that Cain was out of the will of God and never really thought about how even though he had sinned the grace of God was still extended towards him.

Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:57 pm

How wonderful is God that even though this happened he still had love for Cain. This helps me to remember that he has enough love for me too.

Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:14 pm

This came up again this weekend at my church we had a visiting preacher that preached on looking at more than one side of a story to really get the true meaning of what is being said. The entire time he was talking I kept thinking back to the video. He then even used Cain and Abel as an example.

Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:21 pm

I'll agree with what has been said. I have always been taught that if you are going to do something, give everything you have. In Sunday School we learned that Cain was just giving for the sake of giving and not really giving the way God intended for him to. Yet, it was interesting for me to see in the video with what I have always known, we all come short, but God loves us anyway!

Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:24 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 4 posts ]