View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Why do we Have Public Schools. 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Mainly because our country is founded on the key fact that every one is created equal. If we did not have public schools, the bridge between middle and upper class students and lower class students would be unable to cross. Lower class students already is at a disadvantage in the education system. Without funding poverty stricken families would be unable to send their children to school, and they would not get a chance to get an education. Thus what would be use for lower class children to even try. There would be no joy in their life and their American Dream would turn into a Nightmare, in which they have to live day after day.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:56 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Post ...
We have public schools because not everyone can afford private schools. Most parents would not pay for their child to go to school because it costs a lot of money. In my opinion, there are tons of public schools that are just as good as private schools.

Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:57 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I agree that public schools are very important for children to receive an education. By taking out public schools many families could not afford the education which would widen the gap between the upper class and lower. I personally went to a Catholic private school. Public schools are just as good as private schools in many aspects. Many of my friends went to public school and received the same education as I did. I found that many of them had more opportunities with classes and extra-curricular activities than what my school gave. Public schools are extremely credible and by not having them would be detrimental to possible students. Education should not have to come with a price and I feel that paying for it, as I did, didn't give me any advantage.

Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]