View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 TeacherTube 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I might be a little behind the times but I was just introduced to TeacherTube and I wanted to share with the rest of you. Unlike many websites at school, this one is not blocked. It's a great way to integrate technology into the classroom by watching instructional videos or even have students upload videos of their own from a class project! It is basically the same format as YouTube. Check it out! And hopefully you will find ways to use it in a future classroom! :wink:

http://www.teachertube.com/

Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:48 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

i maybe a little behind too but i have never heard of this site either! After viewing this site, i feel that it is quite interesting... i might have to look at it more in the future.

Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:17 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I had no idea of this site but I guess you can do anything with computers. It's nice that you can show your students what other students around the world are doing with technology, and yours can do the same. A good way to show off your students hard work.

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:16 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

TeacherTube is amazing! I found out about it in the beginning of the semester. However, I would also use YouTube because some teachers have their students post their videos on YouTube, instead of on TeacherTube. For example, I was trying to find videos about Robert Frost, and I found a lot more on YouTube than TeacherTube. Of course, I would recommend watching YouTube videos before showing them in a classroom (for content purposes).

Another really cool website I found was Discovery Education. The URL for the site is http://www.discoveryeducation.com/. What I like about this website is that it accommodates most subjects. Students can travel to different countries by taking virtual tours, and they don't have to leave the classroom! They can also learn about a specific country's art, architecture, lifestyle, etc. It's so cool! As an English teacher, I am definitely going to incorporate this site's lesson plans into my curriculum. I highly recommend it!

Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:21 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

This is really great! I'm technologically impaired so this is a great way to integrate technology in the classroom.

Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:16 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I really enjoy teacher tube as well because it allows students to see other students' work and not make them feel intimidated by a teacher's work. It shows them that people their age can be creative and incorporate their technologically preferred way of learning into the classroom, maybe combining it with an old piece of literature to bring the old into the new.

Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:41 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

This is my first time hearing about TeacherTube. It is pretty cool, and very similar to YouTube. They even have a small amount of Music Theory on there. Music has very little resources like this.

Thanks for sharing!

Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:43 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I have used Teacher Tube before and it is great. It is good because you can usually access it in schools unlike You Tube.

Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:55 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

i have never heard of this site either! After looking at this site, i feel that it is very interesting and a great source... i will definetly have to look at it more in the future.

Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:24 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

wow...TeacherTube....i never heard of it but thank you so much. teachers are pretty lucky in these times...as far as sharing lessons and having access to sources goes. thanks for sharing this source with us girl

Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:52 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

learnnc.org is also a great resource for lesson plans

Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:28 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

teacher tube!!! Brillliant idea. I know that in my classes the times youtube videos were used I loved it. It is so nice to have a dynamic visual. Teacher tube sounds like a dream.

Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:48 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Thank you Rebecca - I just checked out Teacher Tube. How did you find out about this website? I feel cheated. Thanks though!

Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:41 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

We were told about this website in our Literacy, Technology and Instruction class. We had to use it to find videos on several occasions. Now I use it for every project that involves videos!

Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Yeah no kidding - this is an outstanding resource!

Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]