View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 shift happens 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think everyone should take a look at this, love to hear comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLO44DKo ... re=related

Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:25 am
All-star
All-star

Interesting video. It's nice to know that so much money was invested in Nintendo and yet we're trying to urge kids to take it easy on video games. But yet, all the technological advances the video talks about doesn't surprise me.

Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:53 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Cool video. Kind of makes my brain hurt thinking about what will really happen in the next 20 to 50 years. I liked the stat that Nintendo spent more money in development than the U.S. spent on education over the course of a year. I don't understand the whole thing about making a computer that is more powerful than the human brain, I don't know what that could mean. Reminds me of all those movies about robots taking over the world.

Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:37 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

We watched this in my CI-3850 class the other day. It has interesting facts that really make you think. My favorite quote “we are preparing students for jobs that do not even exist yet.â€

Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:19 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think technology is great. I like video games and I love computers. So, interesting that things are changing fast and it'll be fun to keep up with it.

Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:24 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

wow! awesome video. it really got me thinking about things i wouldn't normally have thought about had i not watched it. the whole 140 mil being spent on nintendo research in comparison to the less than half of that being spent on research and innovation in education "boiled my blood". talk about priorities being a lil out of wack. The technilogical advancements that are being done daily is mind-boggling to me...literally. i think my heart rate increased watching it. the supercomputer is crazy to think about...yikes. :? thanks so much for the link girl!

Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:36 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

That was very interesting. I am amazed at how fast the human race developed from about the 1800s on. Once things like technology started to develope everything took off. The video is right, we are going at an exponetial rate of growth, and in a way its scary.

Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:35 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Technology is such a powerful tool. Its crazy how fast things are advancing. Its also crazy though how people are trying so hard to keep up with new advances. Sometimes I feel like we are reluctant to change we see this in alternative energy sources, but people have finally realized this technology thing isnt going anywhere and its important to incorporate it and understand it. Maybe soon people will really start to put time and money and thought into alternative resources. As teachers, I think talking to kids about this sort of thing is so important and just like the video said we are training students for jobs that dont exist yet within technology, maybe we can do this for alternative energy sources too!

Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Great video Caitlin. I have to be frank though, it was very ominous. Isn't it scary to think that in our lifetime we will no longer be the preeminent power in the world (and possibly not even an eminent one). I wonder though, if we are superseded by China and India, if it will prompt the U.S. to invest more money into education in order to compete? Probably unlikely, but it would be nice.

Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]