View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Drag performer found dead in Fayetteville 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

It happens everywhere, not too far from us. Just this week someone was killed because of a hate crime.

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. — Police confirmed on Tuesday afternoon the identity of a homicide victim found near a local gay and lesbian bar.

http://www.q-notes.com/2224/drag-perfor ... le-murder/

Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:13 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think that it's important for newspapers to get the word out about hate crimes on any group. I liked the note at the bottom of the page which let readers know that Q-Notes was open to gender expression. I wonder, though, what page on a regular newspaper that this article would have shown up. Would it have been on B16 in some little corner with minimal details?

Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:17 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

That is really sad!!!!! I wish our society could be more tolerant and less cruel.

Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:30 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I definitely think that something about such a hate crime would not be on a front page of a newspaper or even somewhere where a lot of people look and read articles. Most newspapers would probably not even have an article of this kind. It is sad that our society is not very tolerant of people that's lifestyle is off the "beaten path". It is so sad that people do not know all of the horrible things that happen to people who are gay/lesbian/transgender! People need to know about things like this, it is the only way to stop it from happening over and over again.

It is incredibly sad to think that someone could do just a thing to another human just because they are different!

Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]