View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Poll 

Do you have a homosexual or transgender friend?
Yes 80%  80%  [ 16 ]
No 20%  20%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 20

Poll 
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I have been wanting to test out this poll thing...

Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:16 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Homosexual - yes. Friends, but not a close friend. Transgender - No. Although, I did give a few guitar lessons to a person who was a man and is now a woman. I consider myself tolerant of diversity and stuff like this, but I would have to admit that giving guitar lessons to this person was rather awkward and difficult for me. I will also admit that I was rather relieved when the student asked to quit lessons after only about a month.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:42 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Yes, I have a homosexual friend. And I know of transgenders that go to the school. I believe one should not base their friendship on whether a certain person is gay or transgender.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:04 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

yes i have several gay friends and a few bisexual friends as well, however, i do not know of anyone that is transgendered. i wonder if i would even know if i met someone who was. I do agree though that one should not judge whether or not to be a persons friend based on their sexual prefrence.

Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:00 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I have a few homosexual friends. I dont think that anyone should judge anyone based on anything other than their personality and what is on the inside. I consider myself as well a tolerant person. I wish I could see the results of the poll. I wonder how many people have homosexual and/or transgenders friends?

Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:33 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Yes, I have homosexual brother, but I do not know any who considers themselves trans gender. Although it was not an issue for me when he "came out," it was a different story for my father. To save time, suffice it to say, he (my father) thought he did something wrong within is parenting that drove my brother to choose the lifestyle. But after we have been studying this issue I'm truly wondering is there anything "wrong" with this lifestyle. I'm tempted to say no, but I don't think my father would agree.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:33 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I do have homosexual friends. They are honestly some of my best friends. I do not know any one who is transgender, or that is open about it. I do not really think about what their preference is if I want to be friends with them. I become friends with people that I get along.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:38 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I don't believe I have any close transgender friends, I simply haven't really met many people who fall in this catergory. Maybe that will change though. But I would like to see a survey of students in the high schools processing this.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:32 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

I think coming to college was the best thing to open my eyes to the world (so far). Especially being in music we come across so many different type of characters, but its cool because we constantly try to get people to come out of the box in terms of music, so most of us are accepting of others no matter how they are. I will admit that at first my thought of homosexuality was that it was wrong and a sin. But I soon realized that it is not up to me to judge and that all people deserve to be happy and I should not try to hinder that by making assumptions or labeling them as a "sinner." I actually respect LGBTs for being able to be as they want to be and not caring how they are perceived and I have made many friends because of that.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:51 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Yes, I have had many homosexual and bisexual friends, they tend to be some of the greatest friends! I don't know anyone personally who is transgender but I have been around them. Asheville as a huge variety in it's population! (it's awesome).
Agreed that this fact should not be considered when meeting someone or when forming a friendship.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:29 pm
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Yes, I have numerous homosexual and bisexual friends- in fact many of them I consider my best friends. Honestly, I find it difficult to come across anyone who doesn't have a homosexual friend, but I am in theatre so it is different in my field.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:07 am
Semi-pro
Semi-pro

Yes! And a lot of my real good friends are, I don't see them as homosexual or whatever I try to see them as just my friend. It would be nice if we could all just look past our differences and see everyone as a human just like ourselves.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]